City of Gold Coast
Working for City of Gold Coast is both challenging and rewarding, whether you are starting a career or looking to enhance your existing experience and skills. The Gold Coast is one of the fastest growing cities in Australia with a diverse population, combining great challenges with the kind of lifestyle few cities can boast about.
How We Do Things
- We aim high – we are passionate about delivering the best for our city
- We add value – we are innovative and make the most of every opportunity
- We work as a team – our people are great individually, but unstoppable together
- We take responsibility – we are committed to working safely, being trustworthy and owning our actions
About the Position
This position will review and assess geotechnical stability assessment reports and provide expert advice on a diverse range of geotechnical issues relating to the efficient and effective operations of the City of Gold Coast’s City Development Branch.
Key Deliverables of the position:
- Review and assess geotechnical stability reports associated with MCU, ROL and OPW applications
- Ensure that assessments are undertaken in a consistent and timely manner as per appropriate legislation, policies and guidelines
- Provide technical advice to Council and other stakeholders on matters relating to geotechnical issues of development
- Contribute to development, review and updating of Council’s land development guidelines, standard drawings, specifications, codes and policies related to geotechnical issues
- Provide technical and administrative support to the Executive Coordinator
You are excited to join a supportive team of technical experts who value knowledge sharing. You will hit the ground running in this role with your ability to quickly understand and interpret relevant legislation, policies and Council's Planning Act.
You are comfortable working with a diverse range of individuals ranging from the consultants, developers, general public and officers across all levels of government. You enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment, and you will continue to grow and expand your expertise in the geotechnical field with the complexity of work that we can provide.
What we offer…
- Work / life balance with the 9 day fortnight
- Competitive salary ($84,323.79-$89,260.69) plus super and options to salary sacrifice
- Gold Coast location and unique lifestyle
- 50/50 conversations that enhance your professional development and career progression
How to Apply
Please follow this link to our job board:
You will need to have an eRecruit account in order to apply for this position. If you do not already have one, please select "Create a New Account" within eRecruit and create a profile. For more details, please refer to the attached Job Success Profile. If you require further information after reading the Job Success Profile, please call the listed Contact Person. Please note applications for this position will close at 10.30pm on the listed closing date.